"Coffee Cup Reflection" by Jason Tavares @flickr.com.
(by Steve Krupnik)
– Ask for help when you need it.
– Take it one day or one moment at a time.
– It is ok to say no when you are not ready to do something.
– Be patient with people who may not understand.
– It is ok to not want to do your normal daily routine.
– Don’t be upset when others tell you how to feel.
– Learn to not isolate yourself for long periods.
– Understand people are trying to help, don’t fault them for trying.
– Talking will help you bring out your feelings and emotions.
– Find meaning in your loss and reach out to others.
– Just because someone is gone doesn’t mean they are not with you.
– Eventually people will stop calling, don’t let this surprise you.
Just when things seem to settle down, grief will visit again.
Learn to accept and embrace it.
This is so beautiful, I have just come across your blog by googling ‘post natal depression blogs’. I hope you don’t mind me posting about this on my own blog soon, thanks for being so open and honest and helping to make others feel ‘normal’ about living with post natal depression x Lisa.
Don’t mind at all – just be sure to provide credit.
Glad to have you here. Your blog is beautiful. Kudos! Keep up the great work!